Welcome to Casino Latte, where you can find information about online casinos and what they have to offer. We also have a lot of general gambling info, e.g. about how to play Roulette, Blackjack and Baccarat.
When choosing among all the internet casinos available online, it is easy to get distracted by huge first deposit bonuses, but the size of the welcome bonus shouldn’t be the only factor you take into account. When you accept a first deposit bonus, you account will usually become locked until you have fulfilled the wager requirement for the bonus, so you don’t want to be stuck in a casino that you actually don’t enjoy playing in.
Earlier, it was common for internet casinos to limit themselves to one or many two game developers. Today, it is very easy to find casinos where you can enjoy games from a long row of different developers, from giants like NetEnt and Microgaming to smaller ones like Rabcat and Yggdrasil.
When we look at game selection, we should also look at which games and which categories that are available. Most online casinos heavily favor slots, so if you want a great variety when it comes to table games, scratch cards, keno games, bingo games, race games, video poker or any other non-slot game you might need to put a bit more energy into the search process before you find your ideal internet casino.
Last but not least, you need to decide if you prefer a site that focuses on casino games only or if you prefer to sign up for a big gambling site where you can also do sports betting, play poker, visit the bingo hall, and more.
Can you play for free without any effort?
We recommend that you pick a casino that allows you to play for free using play-money without any limitations. Of course, you can’t win real money when you wager play-money, but it is great way of finding out more about the casino. Is the site stable or buggy, is it easy to navigate, do you like the games, do the games have a tendency to freeze up when you play? There is so much to be learned by playing for free.
Ideally, you shouldn’t have to jump through any hoops to play for free. You shouldn’t have complete a registration process or give out your email adress, and if the casino offers browser play then browser play and not just downloaded client play should be available for free. There are a lot of internet casinos available today where you can play for free, in your browser, for as long as you want, without any registration.
Regrettably, some online casinos are still trying to limit player’s access to free play. They can for instance allow you to play for a certain amount of play-money, or limit the free play to just a few hours. It is silly and petty, and there is no need for you – a prospective customer – to put up with this behavior.
However, a lot of casinos offer something called casino free spins that gives you a number of spins on some slots for free when you register for the first time. You can still win money but if you want to withdraw the money from your casino account, you need to bet some money first. The good thing is that you can use the money you won to place those bets and hopefully you will win even more.
No deposit bonus
Is there any no deposit bonus available? What are the terms and conditions for this bonus? If you win something when you play with your no-deposit bonus, can you withdraw the money?
Benefits for current members
It is easy to give out huge welcome bonuses, but what is the casino doing for their current members? What kind of treatment can you expect when the honeymoon is over and the wager requirement for your welcome bonus has been fulfilled? The long-term generosity of an internet casino will most likely have a greater impact on your bankroll and casino experience than that one-time welcome bonus. It is therefore a good idea to check out the campaign section of the casino before you sign up, as well as the rules for any loyalty program, players club and similar. Facebook, Twitter and the casino’s own blog are also possible venues for special offers for current members.
Browser play vs. downloadable casino client
A lot of modern internet casinos only offer browser play, but there are actually advantages with downloading and installing a casino client – if one is available. When you keep a casino client on your computer, less information needs to be sent back and forth between your computer and the gaming server. Graphics, music, sound effects, etc are stored within your computer so there is no need to send them back and forth. The difference is especially noticeable for players that are on a slow or unstable internet connection, or that want to use most of their bandwidth for doing something else while they gamble, e.g. streaming music or downloading big files.
Unfortunately, it is quite common for downloadble casino clients to work with Windows only. There are exceptions, but in many casinos browser play is the only option available for Mac users.
Today, more and more internet casinos are realizing the important of offering games for mobile devices. If you want to be able to engage in mobile play, here are a few questions that you should ideally find the answers to before you sign up with any casino. If you can’t find the information on the casino site, don’t hesitate to copy this text and send to the customer support.
- How many games are currently available for mobile play? Are they all slots, or are other types of games also represented?
- Is the casino offering mobile play for both smartphones and tablets?
- Are the games compatible with Android? With iOS? With Windows Mobile? With anything else?
- Can I make deposits and withdrawals directly in my mobile, or do I have to log in from a traditional computer to do this?
- Is the customer support open when you normally play? If you like to relax with some casino play at 2 am after your late evening shift, you wont be able to get any help in real time if the customer support closes at eight o’ clock in the evening.
- How do you prefer to contact the support; email, phone or live chat? Is this online casino offering this support option? During which hours?
- If you prefer phone support, make sure to check if you will be obliged to make a potentially expensive call to another country to reach the customer support. Many internet casinos help their customers avoid this by offering domestic phone numbers for various countries, or toll free phone numbers or call back service.
- Is customer support available in a language that you are comfortable using?
- Can you make deposits and withdrawals using a method or methods that you are comfortable with?
- What are the fees associated with the various transaction alternatives?
- Don’t assume that a specific transaction method is available for withdrawals from your casino account just because it is listed as available for deposits, and vice versa!